5 Tales of Paranormal Romance from USA Today and International Bestselling Authors. Enchanting stories perfect for escaping winter's cold days. Time-travel, werewolves, angels, elves and more all wrapped up in one book for those long, cold, winter nights.
1. DEAD CERTAIN by USA TODAY Bestselling Author Rosemary Laurey: Annette James only went back to Christmastown, VA. to sell her grandparents' house. She hadn't planned on Jake Warren, her big mistake from High School being in town. And she definitely had not expected her parents' ghosts to be lingering in the Sleigh Bells Inn. Certainly a holiday season of surprises.
2. ALLEVIATE by International Bestselling Author Jackie Ivie: To Elena, the holidays equal loss, pain, and depression. But then a mishap during a river rafting trip leads to another time, place, and a whole lot of winter magic...
3. CHRISTMAS WOLF by National Bestselling Author Angelique Armae: When Highland wolf-shifter Rhys MacGregor rescues a cat in the middle of a blizzard, he gets more than he bargains for including a change of fate...and heart.
4. SOUL SHARDS by Award-winning Author Linda Bleser: When you bargain with the Angel of Death, prepare to pay the price...be it a curse or a blessing.
5. A FAIREY UNUSUAL CHRISTMAS: By Eppie Nominated Author Patricia Otto: Some Christmas wishes are harder to accomplish than others.
© copyright Patricia Otto
“You know the law.”
John Evergreen slumped back into the chair, giving his father a perturbed grimace. “The law is ancient.”
His father, Lowell of the Underearth, looked out the huge windows in the conference room of Evergreen International, the family conglomerate. His father, tall and lanky with a distinguished bearing and an elegant appearance, clasped his hands behind his back. “The laws have stood in place for thousands of years for good reason.” He pivoted back to John. “They maintain the royal line, keep the order of things.”
“Put an end to any prospect of modification.”
His father shook his head. “The laws don’t need modifying.”
“The crown brings power, the magic abilities. Those gifts must be used wisely.” When his father touched his head, the crown was visible for a moment. He stepped toward John. “You are the one to wield the magic. Nevertheless, the law is clear, you must be married.”
“To a human, I know the legends.”
“It is not legend, it is your legacy. Your mother, your human mother, was the best person in any world. I loved her. Still do. She made me better, made Underearth better, even made this company better.” His father had the look of timeless adoration on his face. “You have resisted fulfilling your destiny. I have watched as you discard woman after woman. You are out of time. This Christmas is the last chance you have to take a wife. If you are not married by the time Christmas Eve becomes Christmas Day, you lose your right to be king. The crown and the magic must pass to your sister.” His father scoffed.